What is Telemedicine?
Telemedicine, sometimes referred to as telehealth services, involves the remote diagnosis and treatment of patients via telecommunication technology which can include telephone.
According to the American Medical Association (AMA), 80% of all visits to the doctor’s office, Urgent Care, and ER could have been handled through a telemedicine consultation. Just having access to a plan can save the average family of four over $1000 per year in unnecessary medical expenses.
Most people dislike going to the doctor or Urgent Care clinic because they have to wait for hours to be seen and sometimes end up getting sicker than they were because they catch illnesses from other patients.
More than half of all U.S. hospitals currently have a telemedicine program.
Emergency Room Costs and Avoidable Visits
- ER costs: The average cost of treating nonemergency conditions (such as bronchitis, dizziness, sore throat and the flu) in the ER is $2,032, which is $1,800 more than in primary care settings.
- Avoidable ER visits: Two-thirds of ER visits are avoidable, according to a study by UnitedHealth Group. Those unneeded visits cost the system $32 billion.
- Hospitals drive up costs: Hospital facility fees increase the cost of care by an average of $1,069.
Telemedicine is a fast, convenient, and affordable alternative. It can be used from the comfort of your home and coverage costs less than 20-30 cents per day for you and your family*.
A telemedicine plan from Freeway Insurance** offers many benefits, including:
- Choose between 6 or 12 month plans.
- Choose coverage options either with no co-pay or $25 for each call.
- An affordable option for customers who do not have insurance.
- Family coverage: individual, spouse, and children legally residing in the household are all covered under one plan.
- A free discount brochure that can save you and your family money on prescriptions, theme parks, and more.
Common Uses for Telemedicine Services
Telemedicine services can be used for a number of non-emergency situations, such as:
- Diagnoses of common medical problems such as allergies, asthma, bronchitis, cold or flu, ear infection, pink eye, rashes, digestive problems, and many other issues.
- Inquiries about various medical issues for home treatments.
- Holiday, weekend, and late night consultations when regular medical care is not available.
- Patient inability to leave the house due to sickness or bad weather conditions.
How Does a Telemedicine Plan Work?
Using your telemedicine plan is easy and convenient, and care is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Here’s how it works:
- Patient calls the telehealth number and speaks to a nurse.
- Nurse requests basic information from the patient, including demographics,credit card details (if needed for co-pay), and symptoms.
- A doctor calls back within 15-30 minutes to conduct the consultation and provide a prescription, if needed.
Telemedicine Plan Cost
Telemedicine plans from Freeway Insurance are affordable costing around 30 cents per day. There are two types of plans available:
6 Month Plan: $60
12 Month Plan: $100
Use of the service is unlimited per plan period, but a $25 copay applies for each call.
6 Month Plan: $75
12 Month Plan: $125
Use of the service is unlimited per plan period, no co-pay applies for each call.
Purchase a Telemedicine Plan
Get access to convenient, affordable telephone health care today. Our telehealth services are currently available in all 50 states. You can purchase a plan over the phone at 877-410-5215. Once you purchase a telemedicine plan, you can start using it within 24 hours.
**Telemedicine Services provided by CareClix.